This Banana Mousse recipe by Sasha Martin is popular in the beautiful West African island of São Tomé and Príncipe.
* 2 cups heavy cream (plus extra for whipped cream garnish)
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 bananas (ripe), mashed
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 hunk milk/dark chocolate, for curls
1. Mash bananas until smooth, with the back of the spoon or blend in a food processor.
2. Stir in the vanilla extract. Whip the cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form.
3. Add about 1/3 of the whipped cream to the banana mixture, stirring well to combine. Fold the banana mixture into the rest of the whipped cream and whip it a few times to help incorporate, if necessary.
3. Refrigerate in little glasses for about 30 minutes, or until needed.
4. Before serving, use a vegetable peeler to slowly shave chocolate curls on top of the mousse.