1. Sift 2 cups of flour into a bowl.
2. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup water to make a smooth dough and kneed for 2-3 mins.
3. Divide the dough into 8 equal balls and place in a shallow dish.
4. Pour the oil over them, making sure they are well coated.
5. Then cover and place on one side for two hours.
– 2 red onions, grated
– 300g of minced meat [beef]
– 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 1/2 red chili, finely chopped
– 2 tsp of curry powder
– 3/4 cup of finely shredded cabbage
2. Fry the minced meat mixture, then transfer to a large bowl and mix in 4 to 5 large eggs.
3. Stretch the dough balls into circles on a chopping board.
4. Add 1/8 of the filling to the middle of each circle. Then bundle the dough up, so you have a closed bundle.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a non stick pan over medium heat. Place bundle in pan and saute until golden brown for about 3 minutes, turn and cook other side for about 3 minutes.
6. Serve with chutney, tomato sauce or hot sauce.