My Man Crush Everyday today is, Dr. Olurotimi Badero. He is a doctor, and he is very intelligent.
Dr. Olurotimi Badero is currently the only fully trained and board certified cardio-nephrologist (combined kidney and heart specialist) in the world today. In all, Dr. Badero completed an unprecedented 10 years of continuous post- graduate medical training and he is currently board certified and a consultant in:
1. Internal medicine
2. Nephrology & Hypertension
3. Interventional Nephrology & Endovascular Access
4. Cardiovascular Medicine
5. Nuclear Cardiology
6. Invasive & Interventional Cardiology.
He performed the first transradial cardiac catheterization and coronary angioplasty at Central Mississippi Medical Center. Dr. Badero is a recipient of many awards including:
– The Association of Black Cardiologists scholarship award for the Best Cardiology Fellow in the U.S.
– The 2014 Mississippi Healthcare Heroes in the state of Mississippi.
– He was also named one of Jackson, Mississippi’s Best Surgeons.
Dr. Badero has authored many peer reviewed journals and he is currently on the editorial board of the International Journal of Nephrology & Renovascular Disease.
He is a:
1. Fellow of the American College of Physicians
2. Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology
3. Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
4. Fellow of the Society for Cardiac Angiography & Interventions.
Dr. Badero is the Executive Director of Cardiac Renal & Vascular Associates, the Medical Director of St. Joseph Hospice, and he is on the global Advisory Board of the therapeutics experts on Thrombosis and Atherosclerosis, Merck Pharmaceuticals U.S.A.
Read his interview here.
Source: Financial Nigeria Magazine