This recipe, originally from Gambia, looks very interesting. All the ingredients contain different flavours. The combination of the sweet tangy pineapple, the vegetables, the seasoning and the herbs, and the creamy and sour dressing produces excitement to the taste buds.
* 450g cabbage, finely shredded
* 120g celery, sliced diagonally
* 30g spring onions, sliced
* 60g green pepper, sliced into thin strips
* 60g tomato, cubed
* 120g fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
* 1/2 cayenne pepper, de-seeded and minced
* 1 cup plain yoghurt
* 2 tablespoons sour cream
* 3 tablespoons coconut milk
1. Combine the cabbage, celery, spring onions, green pepper, tomato and pineapple in a bowl, and toss to combine.
2. Sprinkle over the seasonings, herbs and chilli, and toss to mix thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl, gently whisk together the dressing ingredients.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad.
5. Toss gently and serve.