This morning, I woke up craving Maize Meal Porridge.
* 3/4 to 1 cup maize meal
* 1 cup cold water
* 3 cups boiling water
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* a dollop of butter/margarine
1. Pour boiling water and salt in a saucepan, over medium-high heat.
2. Mix maize meal and cold water to create a paste.
3. Pour the paste into the boiling water.
4. Stir continuously until maize meal starts to thicken.
5. Close lid, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until thick, while stirring occasionally.
6. Once cooked, pour into serving bowls.
7. Add a dollop of butter/margarine, and mix.
8. Then add sugar, milk and cream, and mix all together.