I have fond childhood memories of this porridge. My mom used to make it every morning during winter, and we enjoyed it in our living room, cuddled up in blankets. I used to enjoy it with butter and brown sugar.
This is how Mabele Porridge is made. This recipe is for 6 to 7 servings.
1. Boil 8 cups of water in a saucepan.
2. In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups of cold water, 2 cups of sorghum meal and a pinch of salt to taste into a paste.
3. Add paste to the boiling water and stir.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes while stirring continuously, until cooked.
5. Serve with milk, butter and brown sugar if desired.