I have fond childhood memories of this porridge. My mom used to make it every morning during winter, and we enjoyed it in our living room, cuddled up in blankets. I used to enjoy it with butter and brown sugar.
* 1 cup sorghum meal
* 3-4 cups water
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* dollop of butter/margarine
1. Mix sorghum meal with 1/2 cup cold water to form a paste.
2. Add remaining water to a saucepan.
3. Place the saucepan on a stove on medium-high heat. and bring to the boil.
4. Add the sorghum paste to the boiling water, and stir continuosly until porridge begins to thicken, and starts to simmer.
5. Add a bit more water if the porridge is too thick for your liking.
6. Close pot and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until smooth and thick.
7. Once cooked, pour into serving bowls.
8. Add a bit of milk, brown sugar, and a dollop of butter/margarine. if desired.